Monday, January 14, 2013

A couple friendly reminders :)

Hi firstie parents! Just a couple of quick things and reminders for you.

1. Blog Post Reminder: I have sent home a message in your child's agenda today stating that there is a new blog post because I am finding that parents are not checking the blog for important information. This is partially my fault, as I have not been posting as regularly as I would have hoped but I will now be posting important information here instead of sending home paper copies in order to make an effort to save trees.

2. Parent Volunteer Schedules: I will no longer be sending home paper copies of the parent volunteer schedules. I will post them on the blog and they can easily be found under the "Volunteer Schedules" tab above.

3. Volunteering: If your name does not appear on the volunteer schedule and you would like it to, please contact me by email. Also, please understand that we have a large number of parents and grandparents who would like to volunteer and I am sometimes unable to accomodate everyone. I am doing my best to make a schedule that works for all. Also, it is important to note that the times are now indicated on the volunteer schedule. Some morning shifts do not begin until 10:00am. I know this is not as convenient as the 9:10am start but unfortunately, I frequently have a prep period (and the students are at gym class) first thing in the morning and therefore I am unable to have parents begin right at 9:10. If you are unable to make your scheduled volunteer time, please let me know and I will make changes. Remember that these are just suggested times. You are wonderful to volunteer your time but are by no means obligated to.

4. Home Reading Program: There is some confusion about when books go home and when they are returned. Books will continue to be sent home on Wednesdays and should be returned no later than the following Tuesday. Please ensure that your child completes their homework, returns the book (in its plastic bag), their homework bag, and the coloured in book mark. Homework is not optional and if it is not returned completed by Wednesday, I will make note that it is incomplete and I will not send another book home with the student.

5. Math Bags: Our math homework or "Sacs de maths" program will begin shortly. I will include a detailed description of how this program will work on my blog so please be sure to check here for more information when the math bags come home. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment